I’ve been loving writing these posts and so here is week three, a day late as yesterday I wrote a special post for mine and Dan’s anniversary instead. I would really recommend everyone to reflect back on the week and try to think of things that have made you happy, it really does make you so grateful for what you have in life. I can’t think of much more to waffle on about right now so I’m just going to jump right in.
1. An Autumnal day out at Paultons Park with our Mummy and baby friends. We went on some of the bigger rides that we hadn’t realised we could take the little ones on and Darcie absolutely loved them. She’s such an adrenaline junkie and was saying ‘weeee weeeee’ the whole way around, such a shame it closes the end of this week for the winter! But she’ll be even older to enjoy it even more when it reopens again.
2. Seeing family. We went up to see my sister, her boyfriend on Saturday and my brother was there too. They’ve been living in their flat for well over a year and this is the first time we’ve made it up there. We had a lovely time with them, Darcie loved exploring their flat and destroying anything she could get her hands on. We tried to go out for a walk in the afternoon too but Storm Brian had other ideas!
3. Mine and Dan’s five year anniversary. We’re going to celebrate properly next week when we go up to stay with his Mum so she can look after Darcie for us. But, it was so nice to reach that milestone together, you can ready my post all about our relationship here if you missed it.
4. Having newborn cuddles. One of my friends who has a daughter one month older than Darcie had her second baby a few weeks ago and on Friday we went round to meet him. He was so lovely and I had lots of lovely cuddles which made me reach maximum broodiness! Darcie was really good with him too, which was a relief, I’m glad my toddler isn’t a baby attacker!
5. L’Oreal Pure Clay Detox Face Mask. I’ve seen lots of people raving about this face mask on Instagram and as I mainly use L’Oreal skincare anyway I was really looking forward to getting my hands on it. I’ve used it a couple of times so far and I can already notice a difference in my tired Mummy face and hormonal skin.
6. Christmas films. Don’t judge me any Scrooges out there but this week the Christmas films have been in full swing at my house. I know Christmas is still a little while away but the build up to the big day is my absolute favourite time of year so I like to make the most of it.
7. Dan. Dan has been extra amazing this week, making sure I have a lie in after difficult nights with Darcie and even bringing home flowers one day after work. We’re feeling like a pretty great team right now.
8. Darcie getting sent new toys. I’ve got a couple of reviews that will be going up soon of some toys that Darcie has been sent to try out. I feel like I’ve said this a lot recently but it makes me so, so happy to be able to provide for Darcie in this way that I haven’t been able to before.
9. Decluttering. I’ve been on a bit of a decluttering spree around the house recently and am absolutely loving having a tidy house, tidy mind. It’s good to put away some of Darcie’s old things to make room for the new, and also clear out my wardrobe of items that I really never wear. I will never be a minimalist and will always like to have a certain amount of ‘clutter’ but less is definitely less in this case, and I’m loving it!
10. Giveaway with Created by Magic. I’ve had a lot of entries to my collaborative giveaway with this lovely local company and I’m thrilled that it is a success so far. It is still open until next Sunday so don’t miss your chance to enter!
What has made you happy this week?