About three months ago I was tagged by the lovely Cassandra to do the 20 facts about me tag. As I was searching through my drafts for posts to rescue from the pile, I came across this post totally finished just lacking a picture so here we are. The picture that I’ve added is 21 year old me, around 4 months before getting pregnant and I look so young and carefree! I enjoyed writing this because as you probably know, usually I just write about Darcie but it was nice to write about me for a change.
1. I have so many business ideas all the time but I’m so fickle I’m never able to stick to doing one thing. I need to just pick an idea and go with it, Dragon’s Den here I come! (Update: Since writing this I have launched my new business Little Dreamers Nursery Decor, have a look at my Instagram if you or anyone you know are in the market for some pretty handmade decor).
2. I always wanted to have children quite young so Darcie turning up when she did was a total blessing and something that my 14 year old self would have been very pleased about.
3. I’m 23 but I look so much younger. I got asked for ID to buy Paracetamol when I was pregnant which was definitely a low point. Especially because I didn’t have it with me, damn that pregnancy toothache!
4. I love travelling and seeing the world. One of my favourite holidays was when Dan and I went Interrailling all around France and then another when we backpacked around Norway. I think it often surprises people when they find out how much I love backpacking, camping and general outdoorsy adventures. We are definitely going to be bringing Darcie along with us in the next few years too!
5. I’ve been with my boyfriend Dan for nearly 5 years. We met at work just two weeks before I moved to London for university, I must have made an impression on him because he drove up every weekend to see me despite only knowing each other such a short time. What a cutie!
6. Until about 4 years ago all I wanted to do was become an actress, then I found a real passion for creating things and retail and business and now I dream about having my own shop one day.
7. I have such a sweet tooth, I would happily just live on pudding and never eat savoury again. When Dan and I first met I offered him some of my Jelly Beans and wouldn’t take no for an answer; the rest is history.
8. I love cooking and baking and think I’m relatively good at making meals from scratch; but anytime I try to cook chicken nuggets, pizza or anything else pre-made in the oven, I will always burn them!
9. I’ve always wanted to have a fringe, but unfortunately I have a cowlick that makes that near to impossible without ending up with an awkward curtain situation! Luckily, I don’t seem to have passed that down to Darcie!
10. I love everything pink, glittery and girly so having a baby girl has been amazing as an excuse to have lots of girly things around the house. I know that she will probably be sick of pink by the time she is 2 and then be a tomboy forever, but that’s okay. I’m just going to make the most of it while I can!
11. I used to have a perm, and I loved it until my hair became so damaged I had to basically chop it all off. I would love to get it done again but I’m not sure if I can face all the damage again!
12. I was born in a tiny village in Wales called Cilycwm and lived there until I was 5. My junior school had only 44 children and everyone knew each other. I have so many lovely memories of our house there and of living in really rural countryside. I would love to move out to the countryside so that Darcie can have the same experience.
13. I love sewing and one of my favourite subjects at school and college was Art Textiles. Sometimes I wish I’d have chosen to take Textiles at University not Drama, but then I might not have dropped out and be where I am now, so no regrets and all that! I’ve been getting into sewing and making things recently and I’m loving it!
14. My first ‘proper job’ was working as an Assistant Buyer for a chain of jewellery shops, I learnt so much while I was there and I know it will really help me if I do set up my own shop in the future.
15. I have a small eBay store which I sell on. I search the charity shops for hidden bargains and sell them on for more money online. It won’t make me rich but it’s nice to feel like I’m bringing a bit of money in.
16. I’ve given up work to be a stay at home mum for Darcie. It was a really easy decision for me to make. My mum was a stay at home mum when we were younger so it’s all I’ve ever known and I feel so lucky that I get to enjoy all this time with Darcie.
17. I’m so broody! If Dan agreed, I would happily have a massive family with a small army of babies and toddlers. In reality I know that would be really hard work but I love the idea of it.
18. I love country music, especially Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves and the early Taylor Swift. ‘Here You Come Again’ by Dolly Parton will always cheer me up!
19. I’m really bad at staying in touch with people. If you are reading this and we have drifted apart over the years, I’m sorry, it’s not you it’s me!
20. I’m a hugely sentimental and emotional person. I keep everything, Dan always laughs at me but I have such a terrible memory that if I didn’t hold onto little reminders then I would forget things altogether. I have boxes and boxes of memories in the attic and at the back of wardrobes and I love looking through it all from time to time.
I thought I was going to struggle thinking of 20 things about me, but it was actually really easy. I guess I haven’t completely forgotten who I am since having Darcie after all!