I’ve woken up in such a good mood this morning that I thought a nice thing to do would be to list some of the things that have made me happy this week. It’s been a hectic week but for a lot of good reasons and it’s nice to reflect on some of the really positive things in my life right now. So in no particular order here are ten things that made me happy this week:
- My best mummy friend and my best non mummy friend. You both know who you are! You girls keep me sane and I’m so lucky to have such great pals that I can always rely on!
- My first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year. I don’t have to say any more. Yes, I know how basic that makes me but it just tastes so darn good!
- My new blogging pals. Joining a group chat on twitter and chatting to other mummy bloggers who understand me on a different level has been really lovely and I already consider these girls to be my friends.
- Long walks with Darcie and trips to the park. She’s such an adventurer and it makes me so happy to see how happy she is outside, exploring the world.
- Getting orders for my new handmade business. I’m in the early days with it and I’m writing a post about it all that will go up soon to talk about it in detail. But it’s just amazing to feel like I am achieving something and starting to bring in some money.
- My blog. This little baby of mine is growing nicely and I’m getting more brands contacting me all the time. For me it will always be about the writing but it’s so lovely to get some recognition for my hard work and to be really proud of something I created.
- New clothes. I had a little shopping trip earlier on in the week and actually bought myself some new clothes and shoes for the first time in forever. My body has changed so much over the past few years that I’ve been reluctant to spend money on clothes in case they don’t fit for long but I finally feel confident enough to treat myself to some new bits.
- Family time. Going to Winchester Harvest Festival last weekend was so lovely; we haven’t had much quality family time recently and so it was really good to do that together. We’ve also been meeting at the park after Dan finishes work and enjoying that time together as a family.
- The boyfriend. Dan and I escaped Mummy and Daddy duties on Sunday and went out for lunch at Prezzo. We hardly ever do that and it was so nice to actually spend a bit of time focusing on each other not our adorable (but totally high maintenance) toddler!
- Autumn! I love this time of year when it is sunny but there is a chill in the air too. It’s the perfect weather to go on plenty of walks, kicking the leaves and splashing in the puddles but also to come home and snuggle on the sofa and watch a film together. Bliss!
I hope you have all had a lovely week and even if you haven’t, I would totally recommend trying to think of ten things that did make you happy and it might really lift your mood!